Disability Income Protection Plans
Many Americans can't afford to miss one paycheck. Many are not financially prepared if there is an emergency. Business owners are also at risk for income loss and business disruption, due to disability. We have many leading carriers and products to meet your disability income replacement needs. We have industry partners that allow us to access many different disability carriers and products. We can help design a plan that will work for your specific needs. Our partners have more than a century's worth of combined experience selling and managing disability insurance. We have help with underwriting, online enrollment, electronic signature, and policy services. We have quick quoting, and Client Gateway that allows clients to view coverage options from different carriers, select a policy that's right for them and apply for coverage.
- Disability Insurance replaces lost personal income in the event of disability
- Business Overhead disability insurance plans reimburse business expenses for small business owners
- Buy/Sell disability insurance funds buyout agreements for business owners
- Retirement disability insurance plans replace lost savings for retirement - usually in addition to regular disability limits
- Key Person disability insurance protects owners from the loss of a key employee
- Loan Indemnification disability insurance policies indemnify bank loans
- AFLAC and Allstate group disability insurance plans through employers pay cash to policyholder, in addition to other disability or health insurance
There are two types of disability policies: Short-Term Disability (STD) and
Long-Term Disability (LTD):
- Short-Term Disability policies (STD) have a waiting period of 0 to 14
days with a maximum benefit period of no longer than two years.
- Long-Term Disability policies (LTD) have a waiting period of several
weeks to several months with a maximum benefit period ranging from a few
years to the rest of your life.
Disability policies have protection features
- Non-cancelable means the policy cannot be canceled by the insurance
company, except for nonpayment of premiums. This gives you the right to
renew the policy every year without an increase in the premium or a
reduction in benefits.
- Guaranteed renewable gives you the right to renew the policy with the
same benefits and not have the policy canceled by the company. However, your
insurer has the right to increase your premiums as long as it does so for
all other policyholders in the same rating class as you.
Disability Insurance Options
- Additional purchase options: Your insurance company gives you the right to buy additional insurance at a
later time for an additional cost.
- Coordination of benefits: The amount of benefits you receive from your insurance company is dependent
on other benefits you receive because of your disability. Your policy
specifies a target amount you will receive from all the policies combined,
so this policy will make up the difference not paid by other policies.
- Cost of living adjustment (COLA): The COLA increases your disability benefits over time based on the increased
cost of living measured by the Consumer Price Index. You will pay a higher
premium if you select the COLA.
- Residual or partial disability rider: This provision allows you to return to work part-time, collect part of your
salary and receive a partial disability payment if you are still partially
- Return of premium: This provision requires the insurance company to refund part of your premium
if no claims are made for a specific period of time declared in the policy.
- Waiver of premium provision: This clause means that you do not have to pay premiums on the policy after
you’re disabled for 90 days.
We offer leading disability income insurance carriers for employers and individuals
- Assurity Life Insurance Company
- Capital Benefits
- Companion Life
- Fidelity Security Life Insurance Company
- Illinois Mutual
- Kansas City Life Healthy Choices
- Lincoln National
- Mutual of Omaha
- Petersen International Underwriters
- Principal Financial Group
- The Standard