Your health insurance agent does not assist you with filing taxes (unless they are a properly licensed tax professional). However, agents may;
- Help you understand what a Form 1095-A is and what it means as you prepare your taxes.
- Help you understand the timing for receiving a Form 1095-A, what to look for in the mail, and that it is an important tax document.
- Show you how to access your Form 1095-A in their online accounts, or provide you with a copy if it is available to them.
- Help you understand how Form 1095-A relates to Form 8962.
- Explain how to review Forms 1095-A for accuracy.
- Ensure you are aware of the potential implications of not providing the information on your income tax returns.
- Help you understand how to reconcile your advance payments of the premium tax credit (APTC) with the premium tax credit (PTC) allowed.
Laughlin Insurance, Inc.